Finse 1222 AS
Phone: 992 79 050
Finse 1222 is a privately owned, seasonal run hotel, situated on the Oslo-Bergen railway line at an elevation of 1222m. The winter season runs from January to May, and the summer season from July to October. Finse 1222 opened in 1909, at the same time as the railway line. We are a member of The Historic Hotels and Restaurants and are Eco-lighthouse certified. See our website: www.finse1222.no
The hotel is situated right beside the train station and has no direct road access. The only way to get to Finse is by train (4 hours from Oslo and 3 hours from Bergen). The hotel has 5 full-time staff as well as between 15-30 seasonal workers from Norway. We are an international team that work and live together.
Facts: 41 en suite rooms, restaurant with 150 seating capacity, 3 meeting rooms. 2017: 25 million NOK turnover, 10 300 overnight stays.
Our guests come to Finse for a variety of reason: to cycle Rallarvegen; to go hiking in the mountains; to go ski-sailing and ski-kiting; to participate in our yearly Jazz festival; to train and prepare for expeditions as well as partaking in company meetings, courses, conferences and get-togethers.
Finse 1222 is looking for a waitress/ waiter for the period 28 June – 02 October 2018.
Possibility to continue working in our winter season 27 December 2018 – 20 May 2019
- Set up the tables for the evening dinner in our restaurant
- Serving during dinner
- Clean up after serving
- Our dinner is a set 3-course menu, that varies from day to day
We need someone that can be in charge of the restaurant when our manager of restaurant is off.
- You need to have experience from serving in nice restaurants, hotels
- You enjoy being a waitress/ waiter
- You are social and care about the guests wellbeing
- You are a caring collegue
- Norwegian/ Scandinavian speaking applicants will be given priority
- Good spoken English is necessary
- Social personality
- Efficient and selfgoing
- If you enjoy nature around you, it is an advantage for you and us
- 100% full-time position for 3 months (July, August, September)
- Possibility to join our team again for our winter season (27 Dec2017-20 May2019)
- Salary in accordance with agreement
- Working together with an international team of friendly and enthusiastic colleagues
- Lodging in our staff building
Please e-mail your CV to the following address: email@example.com
Deadline for the applications: 15.06.2018