Nordic Gateway is a newly established company that aims to service the cruise vessels in Norway. We are now looking to increase our local presence and are hiring guides in the regions of Stavanger, Bergen and Ålesund / Kristiansund.
Address: NORDIC GATEWAY AS, Skoltegrunnskaien 1, 5003 BERGEN
If you are tired of sitting at a desk or in front of a computer all day but prefer to live an active, exciting life where you meet lots of new people and show them around the Norwegian countryside or historic places, you might be the person we are looking for.
The position is season based and will start from April/May to August/September. You must be available for these months in order to be qualified for the position. In addition, you must be available for the course from latest mid-February until April. Some travelling for shorter or longer periods must be expected.
Your daily tasks:
- Organizing and leading excursions for both smaller and bigger tour groups
- Informal interpreting when needed
- Offer advice and support to customers
- Deal with urgent matters
- Fluent English and at least one of the following languages: German, Spanish, Italian, French, Portuguese, Russian, Dutch, Japanese, Mandarin
- An ability to travel sometimes at short notice
- An ability to work flexible hours
- A well-developed intercultural understanding would be an advantage
Key competencies that we are looking for:
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to teach and speak in front of others
- Service minded and customer friendly
- Ability to take initiative and solve problems
- Skilled in organization and planning
What we offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Cover of telephone costs related to guide job
- Labour insurance as per employment law
- Training program for all guides
- Guidance in the legal requirements for you to be able to live and work in Norway during the time of your contract
Location: Stavanger, Bergen, Ålesund, Kristiansund
Start date: 01.04.2015
If you are interested please apply by using the following link: http://delta.hr-manager.net
Deadline for applications: 15.01.2015
Kindly note that the recruitment process is ongoing and may start before the deadline.
Contact person: Alysha Pedersen