Wandering Owl AS
Wandering Owl is a small business working within seasonal tourism in Tromsø. We offer guided tours for small groups, such as hiking trips in the summer, or northern lights tours and snowshoeing tours in the winter. Our tours are all run by professional guides and photographers with small groups of clients. We offer home-made meals on all our tours.
We are looking for a minibus driver with D1 licence or higher (and additional qualification for transporting people – yrkessjåførkompetanse) for the winter season December 2016 – March 2017.
The main responsibilities related to this position will be:
- Driving the company’s 16 seats minibus during Northern Light tours accompanied by a guide
- Helping the guide in the practical tasks under the tour (lighting a bonfire, helping the clients on the terrain, serving a meal outdoor, loading/unloading material, assisting for outdoor photography, etc.)
- The job implies driving on icy and snowy conditions, during night time (evening shifts 5PM – 2AM). The northern light tours usually consists in an initial drive to one or more variable locations (1-4h driving) followed by a time spent outdoor with the clients waiting for northern lights sightings, having a meal around a bonfire and taking photos. The tour finishes with a drive back to the initial location (Tromsø city centre).
The aim of the tour is northern lights sightings, away from Tromsø city lights. The destination of the tour is in the countryside of Tromsø, but is weather-dependent and so is the amount of driving time per shift. The person hired is expected to work with different additional tasks during the shift, when not driving, and to do some guiding/talking while driving, if necessary. Expect to be outdoors in Arctic winter conditions during the shifts.
For these reasons this position requires specific permits, but also a set of additional skills.
Mandatory requirements & skills:
- D1 driver licence or higher
- A good level of spoken English & good communication skills
- Good physical condition, ability to be outdoors at cold temperatures
- Flexibility in working tasks and practical abilities (e.g. light a bonfire)
Additional desired requirements:
- Experience in guiding and photography will be highly valued
- Proficiency in the use of a computer and the web
- Proficiency in other languages (Italian is highly desirable)
The position is open for the period December 2016 – March 2017.
What we expect from you:
Enthusiasm, participation, will to improve this organization, commitment for the company and flexibility when possible.
We are a small company and sometimes we need to adjust the working load and tasks among employees to cover all needs.
What we can offer:
An interesting and creative working environment, responsibility, involvement, possibility of independent work. We are always open for feedback and appreciate our employees‘ input for the success of the company.
We are value based, environmentally friendly, and respectful towards our employees.
We work actively to improve our organization to minimize stress, provide clear working tasks and work efficiently.
Please send a full application in English to firstname.lastname@example.org including:
- your motivation letter
- your CV
- a digital copy of your driver’s license and additional required permits
Describe in your motivation letter your skills, your strengths and weaknesses, what you like most and least of the job and pretty much why you think we should hire you.
ONLY APPLICATION INCLUDING ALL 3 ATTACHMENTS BE EVALUATED.