Aker Solutions provides oilfield products, systems and services for customers in the oil and gas industry world-wide. The company’s knowledge and technologies span from reservoir to production and through the life of a field. Aker Solutions brings together engineering and technologies for oil and gas drilling, field development and production. The company employs approximately 25 000 people in more than 30 countries. They apply the knowledge and create and use technologies that deliver their customers’ solutions.
We are looking for individuals who are prepared to take a position. Not only a position within Aker Solutions but also a position on the exciting challenges the global oil and gas industry faces now and in the future.
Aker Solutions Drilling Lifecycle Services (DLS) Kristiansand is now recruiting an software service engineer with great possibilities for further extension or a permanent position.
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Carry out technical services and assistance such as commissioning, installation, inspection, troubleshooting and repair both onshore and offshore
- Support onshore and offshore projects and ad-hoc services worldwide according to Aker Solutions- current regulations and requirements
- Actively share own knowledge and experience across the whole organisation
- Promote a high level of customer focus
Qualifications & personal attributes:
- Technical collage and/or higher education (electro instrumentation or automation)
- Extensive experience with Siemens S7 hard PLC and soft PLC systems
- Knowledge of Profibus network
- Desirable with experience with hazardous zone equipment and intrinsically safe circuits
- Desirable experience with customer service
- Excellent English skills both written and oral
- Adheres to Aker Solutions- values
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- A team player
- Explicitly customer focused
- Willingness and ability to undertake extensive international & domestic travel
- Friendly colleagues in an industry with a bright future
- An environment where you are encouraged to develop your skills and share your knowledge with your colleagues
- Competitive benefits and strong focus on work-life balance