Molde og Trøndelag Guideservice is looking for Guides for the Summer Season (from May to September). Our guides work on shore excursions for cruise ships as well as Hurtigruten (coastal steamer) tours. Most of the tours are conducted by bus and require a lot of travelling time from/to the port of arrival. Therefore, we expect our guides to be willing to commute to different ports during the season (travelling time and cost to reach the port is covered by us). We are looking for people with strong interpersonal and language skills, passionate and proactive. But, most importantly, for people who know how to work in team. In fact, this is a job that requires a lot of team work.
This is a high-speed job that requires fluent English and/or German (C1 to C2 level) in combination with at least one or more of the following languages: French, Italian and Spanish (B2 to C2 level according EU standards).
Please note: this is a seasonal job only, with no fixed schedules, as it depends on every day tours requirements from cruise ships and other agents. It is then requested from you to understand the flexibility and unpredictable schedule of this type of job (seasonal job in the tourism sector).
Our guides are our greatest resource, so the recruiting process is very important to us. We also emphasize on quality training and further education for the guides. However, we also look for committed and passionate Tour Guides.
We offer you:
- an exciting summer job as a guide
- guide assignments from middle of May until August.
- employee insurance
- MTGS guide jacket (deposit)
- Guidenet WEB: your own booking site
- advance payment of your salary if needed (to help you pay deposit for an apartment/flight ticket etc)
- Salary according to assignment (per day/assignment), average salary per month with 3 or more languages: € 2000 (minus tax: 36%).
For more info: Norwegian Tax administation / Skatteetaten
Form to apply for 10% less tax: Tax return for advance assessment of foreing employee
- the possibility of returning to work for us each summer
- opportunities to work for our sister companies
- Guide training (online and onsite, no salary paid during the training period).
- Age between 20-45 years old
- Representative, always friendly and sociable
- Excellent Team Player
- speak the languages that you will guide in fluently (e.g. you have studied the language or spent time in the country where the language is spoken).
- Speak fluent English and German. Any of the following languages in addition will be valued: French, Italian, Spanish, or Russian (B2 or C2 according to European language levels. See „Europass self-assessment grid“). Those wishing to guide in languages other than their mother-tongue will be interviewed by a native speaker to assess their fluency.
- Highly motivated and flexible
- Available to work during all summer months (start middle of May, June, July and August), based in Molde or in the region nearby Molde (e.g. Eide, Vestnes etc.)
- have or will get a Work Permit, tax card and a Norwegian bank account (passport is required)
- have or will get a mobile phone with a Norwegian phone number
- have completed the entire guide course
- are able to work at short notice and enjoy working in a team with guide colleagues and Møre og Trøndelag Guide Service
- are able to travel by bus, train or plane
- previous knowledge of Norway, its history and geography
- previous experience on similar jobs (seasonal jobs) in the tourism sector;
- previous experience on Customer Service positions
Some logistical information:
- Priority will be given to those applicants who are able to begin middle of May, and stay until end of August. Guide training will be given before the season starts.
- If you live outside Molde, you will have to organise and pay for your own travel to Molde and lodging during the course and summer season.
- The average cost of an apartment in Molde and the region is about NOK 3500-4000/€ 450-500 per month (double room) + electricity (deposit must be paid in advance for 1-3 month). It is your own responsibility to find accommodation, which suits you in good time before arrival. Info on accommodation in Møre og Romsdal can be found here: www.finn.no, www.hybel.no, www.zett.no,
If you are interested, please send an application with your Curriculum Vitae and a picture via Email to: Jane Petriccioli at email@example.com
You can also contact us on:
phone: +47 71 26 01 68
mobile: +47 47 92 27 75 – Sabine Heumann